Cadence expands verification IP portfolio to accelerate adoption of emerging mobile standards
September 27, 2011 // Paul Buckley
Cadence Design Systems, Inc., has unveiled new protocol and memory model verification IP (VIP) that will accelerate the adoption of the latest mobile standards. Through close collaboration with leading system and semiconductor companies, and standards bodies, Cadence is delivering VIP at an early stage – in many cases, ahead of the final specification – helping mobile SoC and system manufacturers to be first to market with increasingly feature-rich mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets.
MIPI Alliance continues to advance mobile interface standards with processor and peripheral protocols that streamline system development and expand the sophistication of todays mobile devices, said Joel Huloux, chairman of the board, MIPI Alliance. By ensuring verification support for these protocols at the earliest stage possible, companies such as Cadence enable mobile designers to embrace the latest standards and deliver products that transform the consumers mobile experience.
Earlier this year, Cadence became the first company to add support for ARM Ltd.s AMBA 4 Coherency Extensions protocol (ACE), speeding the development of multiprocessor mobile devices, and the DFI 3.0 specification , which defines an interface protocol between DDR memory controllers and PHYs.
Cadence has expanded the companys VIP offering for mobile applications with support for the following standards:
- LPDDR3: This low-power version of the pervasive DDR3 memory standard enables customers to meet the high bandwidth and power efficiency requirements of mobile systems.
- MIPI CSI-3: Providing an advanced processor-to-camera sensor interface, MIPI CSI-3 enables mobile devices to deliver the bandwidth required to enable high resolution video and 3D.
- MIPI Low Latency Interface (LLI): This interface cuts mobile device production cost by allowing DRAM memory sharing between multiple chips.
- USB 3.0 On-The-Go (OTG) : Providing 10x the performance of the previous USB specification, USB 3.0 OTG allows consumers to rapidly transfer data, such as video and audio content, as well as quickly and effortlessly charge devices.
- Universal Flash Storage (UFS): A common flash storage specification for mobile devices, UFS, a JEDEC standard, is designed to bring higher data transfer speed and increased reliability to flash memory storage.
- eMMC4.5: Designed for secure, yet flexible program code and data storage, eMMC4.5, a JEDEC standard, enables high bandwidth, low pin-count solutions that simplify system design.
- cJTAG: With its support for reduced pin count, power management and simplified multichip debug, cJTAG enables efficient testing of mobile devices, a key requirement for delivering high volume, high quality mobile devices.
Study pinpoints how to make Li-ion batteries last longer
July 28, 2014
A group of researchers have focused on a class of Li-ion battery electrodes that have capacities greater than the materials ...
Audi, BMW, Daimler drive open source measurement data management
A roadmap for cool and lossless lasers, with Bismuth
ST opens MEMS microphone test laboratory
Update yourself on anti-counterfeiting measures at Mouser
60 GHz startup targets mobile
July 28, 2014
On the heels of Qualcomm’s acquisition of 60 GHz chipset manufacturer Wilocity, startup Nitero is releasing its first 60 ...
Dual 13A or single 26A μModule regulator integrates digital power system management
What's that smell? An app for that soon, says Sensirion
GE phosphor powder creates more vibrant LED displays
- THE RTOS AS THE ENGINE POWERING THE INTERNET OF THINGS
- Testing GPS with a Simulator
- DSM presents: Select the best plastic for DDR4
- Dual 13A μModule Regulator with Digital Interface for Remote Monitoring & Control of Power
InterviewCEO interview: China, not Apple, is way to go, says mCube CEO
Ben Lee, CEO of MEMS startup mCube, explains why he wants to spend $37 million on being a supplier of sensors to Chinese ODMs and avoiding a design win with Apple or Samsung.
Filter WizardCheck out the Filter Wizard Series of articles by Filter Guru Kendall Castor-Perry which provide invaluable practical Analog Design guidelines.
Linear video channel
READER OFFERRead more
This month, Altium Ltd is offering EETimes Europe's readers the chance to win one TASKING VX-Toolset for ARM Cortex-M Premium Edition, normally licensed for 2.395 Euros, for ultra-rapid prototyping and code development around ARM Cortex-M based microcontrollers.
The VX-toolset for ARM is the first TASKING compiler suite to receive the Software Platform technology, which is seamlessly...Read more
December 15, 2011 | Texas instruments | 222901974
Unique Ser/Des technology supports encrypted video and audio content with full duplex bi-directional control channel over a single wire interface.