Cadence expands verification IP portfolio to accelerate adoption of emerging mobile standards
September 27, 2011 // Paul Buckley
Cadence Design Systems, Inc., has unveiled new protocol and memory model verification IP (VIP) that will accelerate the adoption of the latest mobile standards. Through close collaboration with leading system and semiconductor companies, and standards bodies, Cadence is delivering VIP at an early stage – in many cases, ahead of the final specification – helping mobile SoC and system manufacturers to be first to market with increasingly feature-rich mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets.
MIPI Alliance continues to advance mobile interface standards with processor and peripheral protocols that streamline system development and expand the sophistication of todays mobile devices, said Joel Huloux, chairman of the board, MIPI Alliance. By ensuring verification support for these protocols at the earliest stage possible, companies such as Cadence enable mobile designers to embrace the latest standards and deliver products that transform the consumers mobile experience.
Earlier this year, Cadence became the first company to add support for ARM Ltd.s AMBA 4 Coherency Extensions protocol (ACE), speeding the development of multiprocessor mobile devices, and the DFI 3.0 specification , which defines an interface protocol between DDR memory controllers and PHYs.
Cadence has expanded the companys VIP offering for mobile applications with support for the following standards:
- LPDDR3: This low-power version of the pervasive DDR3 memory standard enables customers to meet the high bandwidth and power efficiency requirements of mobile systems.
- MIPI CSI-3: Providing an advanced processor-to-camera sensor interface, MIPI CSI-3 enables mobile devices to deliver the bandwidth required to enable high resolution video and 3D.
- MIPI Low Latency Interface (LLI): This interface cuts mobile device production cost by allowing DRAM memory sharing between multiple chips.
- USB 3.0 On-The-Go (OTG) : Providing 10x the performance of the previous USB specification, USB 3.0 OTG allows consumers to rapidly transfer data, such as video and audio content, as well as quickly and effortlessly charge devices.
- Universal Flash Storage (UFS): A common flash storage specification for mobile devices, UFS, a JEDEC standard, is designed to bring higher data transfer speed and increased reliability to flash memory storage.
- eMMC4.5: Designed for secure, yet flexible program code and data storage, eMMC4.5, a JEDEC standard, enables high bandwidth, low pin-count solutions that simplify system design.
- cJTAG: With its support for reduced pin count, power management and simplified multichip debug, cJTAG enables efficient testing of mobile devices, a key requirement for delivering high volume, high quality mobile devices.
German company wins bid to crash cars in China
September 02, 2014
Numerous developments in the area of vehicle safety are significantly influenced as a result of current NCAP or NHTSA regulations ...
European semiconductors sales up 14.9% this year
EE Times' annual salary & opinion survey report
Toshiba announces image sensor strategy
DelfMEMS promotes CFO to CEO
Sensata to pay $1-bn for tire pressure sensor leader
September 01, 2014
Sensata Technologies Holding NV (Almelo, Netherlands) has announced it has reached an agreement to acquire the Schrader group ...
ADCs for high dynamic range – successive-approximation or sigma-delta?
Microchip in Pursuit of CSR
Samsung Funds III-V FinFETs in US Lab
- Power Modules: The New Super Power
- Flexible Performance for Network Security Appliances
- Digital Power Management Reduces Energy Costs While Improving System Performance
- Using RF Recording Techniques to Resolve Interference Problems
InterviewA question of Europe
Sir Peter Bonfield sits on the board and has advisory roles in many international companies and universities. With more than 45 years of experience in electronics, computers and communications, here he ...
Filter WizardCheck out the Filter Wizard Series of articles by Filter Guru Kendall Castor-Perry which provide invaluable practical Analog Design guidelines.
Linear video channel
READER OFFERRead more
This month, Trinamic Motion Control is offering you to win one of four TMCM-1043 development kits for its highly integrated, NEMA 17-compatible TMCM-1043 stepDancer stepper motor module.
Offering designers an easy-to-use PC-based GUI that allows one-click modification of motor drive current, micro-stepping and other key parameters, the intuitive kits are custom designed and developed for...MORE INFO AND LAST MONTH' WINNERS...
December 15, 2011 | Texas instruments | 222901974
Unique Ser/Des technology supports encrypted video and audio content with full duplex bi-directional control channel over a single wire interface.