Cadence expands verification IP portfolio to accelerate adoption of emerging mobile standards
September 27, 2011 // Paul Buckley
Cadence Design Systems, Inc., has unveiled new protocol and memory model verification IP (VIP) that will accelerate the adoption of the latest mobile standards. Through close collaboration with leading system and semiconductor companies, and standards bodies, Cadence is delivering VIP at an early stage – in many cases, ahead of the final specification – helping mobile SoC and system manufacturers to be first to market with increasingly feature-rich mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets.
MIPI Alliance continues to advance mobile interface standards with processor and peripheral protocols that streamline system development and expand the sophistication of todays mobile devices, said Joel Huloux, chairman of the board, MIPI Alliance. By ensuring verification support for these protocols at the earliest stage possible, companies such as Cadence enable mobile designers to embrace the latest standards and deliver products that transform the consumers mobile experience.
Earlier this year, Cadence became the first company to add support for ARM Ltd.s AMBA 4 Coherency Extensions protocol (ACE), speeding the development of multiprocessor mobile devices, and the DFI 3.0 specification , which defines an interface protocol between DDR memory controllers and PHYs.
Cadence has expanded the companys VIP offering for mobile applications with support for the following standards:
- LPDDR3: This low-power version of the pervasive DDR3 memory standard enables customers to meet the high bandwidth and power efficiency requirements of mobile systems.
- MIPI CSI-3: Providing an advanced processor-to-camera sensor interface, MIPI CSI-3 enables mobile devices to deliver the bandwidth required to enable high resolution video and 3D.
- MIPI Low Latency Interface (LLI): This interface cuts mobile device production cost by allowing DRAM memory sharing between multiple chips.
- USB 3.0 On-The-Go (OTG) : Providing 10x the performance of the previous USB specification, USB 3.0 OTG allows consumers to rapidly transfer data, such as video and audio content, as well as quickly and effortlessly charge devices.
- Universal Flash Storage (UFS): A common flash storage specification for mobile devices, UFS, a JEDEC standard, is designed to bring higher data transfer speed and increased reliability to flash memory storage.
- eMMC4.5: Designed for secure, yet flexible program code and data storage, eMMC4.5, a JEDEC standard, enables high bandwidth, low pin-count solutions that simplify system design.
- cJTAG: With its support for reduced pin count, power management and simplified multichip debug, cJTAG enables efficient testing of mobile devices, a key requirement for delivering high volume, high quality mobile devices.
Low noise rail-to-rail negative regulator with programmable current limit
August 28, 2014
The LTR3090 is a low noise single resistor programmable negative regulator based upon current reference architecture.
Study: Connected Car to spur competition between OEMs and IT players
BAE Systems develops 'smart skin' for aircraft
White-chip scale packages cut costs by 80 percent
Emberlight connects ordinary light bulbs to your smartphone
Cree targets mid-power LEDs with USD83m Lextar investment
August 27, 2014
Cree, Inc. has entered into an agreement with Lextar Electronics Corp., a vertically-integrated LED company from Taiwan, ...
Will 2D semiconductors threaten graphene's PV dominance?
IKEA GreenTech invests in energy-efficient LED technology developer
Searching through big data with the NSA
- How to Protect & Monetize Android Apps
- Building Blocks for the Internet of Things
- New Linear Regulators Solve Old Problems
- Testing GPS with a Simulator
InterviewCEO interview: Tronics' Langlois makes moves in MEMS
Pascal Langlois has been CEO at Tronics for nine months. He discusses plans for the company and directions for the complex and diverse MEMS technology sector.
Filter WizardCheck out the Filter Wizard Series of articles by Filter Guru Kendall Castor-Perry which provide invaluable practical Analog Design guidelines.
Linear video channel
READER OFFERRead more
This month, Altium Ltd is offering EETimes Europe's readers the chance to win one TASKING VX-Toolset for ARM Cortex-M Premium Edition, normally licensed for 2.395 Euros, for ultra-rapid prototyping and code development around ARM Cortex-M based microcontrollers.
The VX-toolset for ARM is the first TASKING compiler suite to receive the Software Platform technology, which is seamlessly...Read more
December 15, 2011 | Texas instruments | 222901974
Unique Ser/Des technology supports encrypted video and audio content with full duplex bi-directional control channel over a single wire interface.