Dual output 20-V, 3-A switching regulator features high and flat conversion efficiency
July 18, 2011 // Paul Buckley
Analog Devices, Inc., has introduced a 20 V, 3 A dual output DC-to-DC regulator featuring a high conversion efficiency of greater than 93 percent. The full featured ADP2323 regulator offers an input voltage supply range of 4.5 V to 20 V and an output range as low as 0.6 V up to 18 V at 1.5 percent voltage accuracy.
With more design flexibility and configurability than other DC-to-DC regulators available today, the ADP2323 regulator can be easily configured to synchronize in an evenly phase-shifted topology or for dual-output (2 x 3 A) or single interleaved output (up to 6 A). The ADP2323 provides accurate tracking capability between supplies and includes precision-enable input, voltage tracking input and POWER-GOOD features that allow a simple and reliable start-up sequence.
- Dual output (2 x 3 A) and single interleaved output (6 A)
- Optional power saving mode improves efficiency at light loads
- Synchronization input and programmable phase shift feature allow up to six output rails configuration in evenly phase-shifted topology minimizing input ripple current
- Precision-enable input, voltage tracking input and POWER-GOOD feature enables a simple and reliable start-up sequence and short circuit protection
- Programmable current limit protects system load closer to its actual power requirement and allows the use of a smaller inductor
Both output channels run 180 degrees out of phase and can be synchronized to eliminate beat frequencies between regulators to minimize system noise. The regulator operates from input voltages of 4.5 V to 20 V and the output voltage can be as low as 0.6 V.
The two PWM channels can be configured to deliver dual 3 A outputs or a parallel-to-single 6 A output. Designed for high efficiency for multi-rail applications, the ADP2323 operates over the −40 to +125 °C junction temperature range and is available in a compact 5 mm x 5 mm QFN-32 lead package.
The ADP2323 dual synchronous regulator packaged in a 5 mm x 5 mm 32 lead LFCSP is available now priced at $2.40 per 1k units.
More information about the ADP2323 dual synchronous regulator at www.analog.com/ADP2323.
Packing extra charges for those long travels
November 24, 2014
With less than a day to go on crowdsourcing website IndieGogo, the Bluesmart carry-on suitcase certainly got some attention ...
GalaxyCore develops 'through-silicon' image sensor
Intel, Sheldon Cooper promote 3D camera technology
NXP acquires Quintic's Wearable and BTLE IC business
BMW and Tesla look at car battery alliance
Interview R&S: Communications become mission-critical
November 24, 2014
Driven by new application fields in the Internet of Things (IoT) and machine-to-machine (M2M) context, communications technologies ...
The engineering desk-to-bench ratio
Rohm's European Design Center in growth phase
Combo inertial sensor market on 19% CAGR, says Yole.
- Halogen-free options and increased performance for terminal blocks
- Wireless Power User Guide
- Secure is the New Smart
- 5 Best Practices for Designing Flexible Test Stations
InterviewInterview R&S: Communications become mission-critical
Driven by new application fields in the Internet of Things (IoT) and machine-to-machine (M2M) context, communications technologies are undergoing massive changes. This goes along with enormous challenges ...
Filter WizardCheck out the Filter Wizard Series of articles by Filter Guru Kendall Castor-Perry which provide invaluable practical Analog Design guidelines.
Linear video channel
READER OFFERRead more
This month, Cherry is giving away five of its Energy Harvesting Evaluation kits, worth over 266 Euros each, for EETimes Europe's readers to win. Cherry's energy harvesting technology benefit mostly applications where a complex wire assembly and/or batteries would be inappropriate.
The required RF-energy is created by the mechanical actuation of the switch and the data is transmitted...MORE INFO AND LAST MONTH' WINNERS...
December 15, 2011 | Texas instruments | 222901974
Unique Ser/Des technology supports encrypted video and audio content with full duplex bi-directional control channel over a single wire interface.
Most popular news
- Could magnesium battery innovation end lithium's dominance?
- From warm to cool white: colour-temperature tunable LEDs
- Li-Fi communication module wirelessly transfers data at 1-Gbps
- Supercapacitor innovation promises panel-powered cars in five years
- Rebranding the revolution: the future of IoT is embedded