Dual output 20-V, 3-A switching regulator features high and flat conversion efficiency
July 18, 2011 // Paul Buckley
Analog Devices, Inc., has introduced a 20 V, 3 A dual output DC-to-DC regulator featuring a high conversion efficiency of greater than 93 percent. The full featured ADP2323 regulator offers an input voltage supply range of 4.5 V to 20 V and an output range as low as 0.6 V up to 18 V at 1.5 percent voltage accuracy.
With more design flexibility and configurability than other DC-to-DC regulators available today, the ADP2323 regulator can be easily configured to synchronize in an evenly phase-shifted topology or for dual-output (2 x 3 A) or single interleaved output (up to 6 A). The ADP2323 provides accurate tracking capability between supplies and includes precision-enable input, voltage tracking input and POWER-GOOD features that allow a simple and reliable start-up sequence.
- Dual output (2 x 3 A) and single interleaved output (6 A)
- Optional power saving mode improves efficiency at light loads
- Synchronization input and programmable phase shift feature allow up to six output rails configuration in evenly phase-shifted topology minimizing input ripple current
- Precision-enable input, voltage tracking input and POWER-GOOD feature enables a simple and reliable start-up sequence and short circuit protection
- Programmable current limit protects system load closer to its actual power requirement and allows the use of a smaller inductor
Both output channels run 180 degrees out of phase and can be synchronized to eliminate beat frequencies between regulators to minimize system noise. The regulator operates from input voltages of 4.5 V to 20 V and the output voltage can be as low as 0.6 V.
The two PWM channels can be configured to deliver dual 3 A outputs or a parallel-to-single 6 A output. Designed for high efficiency for multi-rail applications, the ADP2323 operates over the −40 to +125 °C junction temperature range and is available in a compact 5 mm x 5 mm QFN-32 lead package.
The ADP2323 dual synchronous regulator packaged in a 5 mm x 5 mm 32 lead LFCSP is available now priced at $2.40 per 1k units.
More information about the ADP2323 dual synchronous regulator at www.analog.com/ADP2323.
Printed OLEDs make large advertising more communicative
March 03, 2015
The VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland is now able to print large Organic Light-Emitting Diodes (OLEDs) to create patterned ...
Motor drive analyser leverages 8-channel, high-definition oscilloscope
Tronics offers to license MEMS processes to foundries
OmniVision, eyeSight, push gesture towards the smartphone
Fraunhofer, Nokia jointly run LTE-A testbed
NXP, Freescale plan mega merger
March 02, 2015
In one of the biggest consolidations in the semiconductor industry to date, NXP and Freescale have announced plans for a ...
Semitrex' ultimate goal: "one size fits all" power conversion
Graphene polymer speeds electron transport
Samsung phones pack 14nm SoC
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- Software-Defined Radio Handbook
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- LED Driver with Integrated Spread Spectrum Reduces EMI without Adding Flicker
InterviewInfineon: CAN FD success goes at the expense of FlexRay
The faster version of the venerable CAN bus, CAN FD is currently taking off at several carmakers. Infineon's Thomas Böhm, Head of Body / Automotive, believes this could well go at the expense of FlexRay. ...
Filter WizardCheck out the Filter Wizard Series of articles by Filter Guru Kendall Castor-Perry which provide invaluable practical Analog Design guidelines.
Linear video channel
READER OFFERRead more
To ensure you have a good start in 2015, Freescale is giving away five of its QorIQ TWR-LS1021A Tower system modules, worth USD269 each, for EETimes Europe's readers to win.
The module is the most feature-rich and high-performance Tower system offered by Freescale, enabling compatibility and interoperability with the growing list of Tower expansion modules, offering an easily accessible...MORE INFO AND LAST MONTH' WINNERS...
December 15, 2011 | Texas instruments | 222901974
Unique Ser/Des technology supports encrypted video and audio content with full duplex bi-directional control channel over a single wire interface.