Give away: 6 copies of Rambus' latest book 'High-Speed Signaling'
May 01, 2012 // Julien Happich
As data communication rates accelerate well into the multi-gigahertz range, ensuring signal integrity both on- and off-chip has become crucial. Signal integrity can no longer be addressed solely through improvements in package or board-level design.
Diverse engineering teams must work together closely from the earliest design stages to identify the best system-level solutions. In High-Speed Signaling, several of the field's most respected practitioners and researchers introduce cutting-edge modeling, simulation, and optimization techniques for meeting this challenge.
Edited by pioneering experts Drs. Dan Oh and Chuck Yuan, these contributors explain why noise and jitter are no longer separable, demonstrate how to model their increasingly complex interactions, and thoroughly introduce a new simulation methodology for predicting link-level performance with unprecedented accuracy.
The authors address signal integrity from architecture through high-volume production, thoroughly discussing design, implementation, and verification.
- - New advances in passive-channel modeling, power-supply noise and jitter modeling, and system margin prediction
- Methodologies for balancing system voltage and timing budgets to improve system robustness in high-volume manufacturing
- Practical, stable formulae for converting key network parameters
- Improved solutions for difficult problems in the broadband modelling of interconnects
- Equalization techniques for optimizing channel performance
- Important new insights into the relationships between jitter and clocking topologies
- New on-chip measurement techniques for in-situ link performance testing
- Trends and future directions in signal integrity engineering
The book thoroughly introduces new techniques pioneered at Rambus and other leading high-tech companies and universities: approaches that have never before been presented with this much practical detail. It will be invaluable to everyone concerned with signal integrity, including signal and power integrity engineers, high-speed I/O circuit designers, and system-level board design engineers.
For what project are you interested in this book?
To qualify for the reader offer and get the chance to win one of these books, complete the Reader Offer entry form below and tell us what project makes you interested in this particular topic.
* : Required Field All news
Quantum entanglement now on-a-chip
January 30, 2015
Quantum computing promises to revolutionize future computers, enabling pint-sized hardware to outperform room-filing supercomputers, ...
Single crystal perovskites promise cheaper solar cells and LEDs
Wafer-scale perovskite solar cells on the horizon
Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation Reduces Automotive LED Driver EMI
Privately-owned car not on the red list, study says
Private equity buys Canadian MEMS foundry
January 29, 2015
Private equity investor FTC Technologies Inc., based in western Canada, has purchased 98 percent of the shares in MEMS foundry ...
Tronics launches IPO
Samsung shows Europe its technology shopping list
Fuel cells in trucks: silent power instead of idling motors
- Sensing Elements for Current Measurements
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Semiconductor Failure Diagnosis using Thermal Characterization and Power Cycling
- Top 5 Trends in Product Development and Test Engineering
InterviewCEO interview: Bosch's IoT startup is all about the system
Thorsten Mueller, CEO of Bosch Connected Devices and Solutions GmbH (Reutlingen, Germany), has been guiding the latest startup subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH since 2013 when he started the initiative ...
Filter WizardCheck out the Filter Wizard Series of articles by Filter Guru Kendall Castor-Perry which provide invaluable practical Analog Design guidelines.
Linear video channel
READER OFFERRead more
To ensure you have a good start in 2015, Freescale is giving away five of its QorIQ TWR-LS1021A Tower system modules, worth USD269 each, for EETimes Europe's readers to win.
The module is the most feature-rich and high-performance Tower system offered by Freescale, enabling compatibility and interoperability with the growing list of Tower expansion modules, offering an easily accessible...MORE INFO AND LAST MONTH' WINNERS...
December 15, 2011 | Texas instruments | 222901974
Unique Ser/Des technology supports encrypted video and audio content with full duplex bi-directional control channel over a single wire interface.