Give away: 6 copies of Rambus' latest book 'High-Speed Signaling'
May 01, 2012 // Julien Happich
As data communication rates accelerate well into the multi-gigahertz range, ensuring signal integrity both on- and off-chip has become crucial. Signal integrity can no longer be addressed solely through improvements in package or board-level design.
Diverse engineering teams must work together closely from the earliest design stages to identify the best system-level solutions. In High-Speed Signaling, several of the field's most respected practitioners and researchers introduce cutting-edge modeling, simulation, and optimization techniques for meeting this challenge.
Edited by pioneering experts Drs. Dan Oh and Chuck Yuan, these contributors explain why noise and jitter are no longer separable, demonstrate how to model their increasingly complex interactions, and thoroughly introduce a new simulation methodology for predicting link-level performance with unprecedented accuracy.
The authors address signal integrity from architecture through high-volume production, thoroughly discussing design, implementation, and verification.
- - New advances in passive-channel modeling, power-supply noise and jitter modeling, and system margin prediction
- Methodologies for balancing system voltage and timing budgets to improve system robustness in high-volume manufacturing
- Practical, stable formulae for converting key network parameters
- Improved solutions for difficult problems in the broadband modelling of interconnects
- Equalization techniques for optimizing channel performance
- Important new insights into the relationships between jitter and clocking topologies
- New on-chip measurement techniques for in-situ link performance testing
- Trends and future directions in signal integrity engineering
The book thoroughly introduces new techniques pioneered at Rambus and other leading high-tech companies and universities: approaches that have never before been presented with this much practical detail. It will be invaluable to everyone concerned with signal integrity, including signal and power integrity engineers, high-speed I/O circuit designers, and system-level board design engineers.
For what project are you interested in this book?
To qualify for the reader offer and get the chance to win one of these books, complete the Reader Offer entry form below and tell us what project makes you interested in this particular topic.
* : Required Field All news
ADCs for high dynamic range – successive-approximation or sigma-delta?
September 01, 2014
Maithil Pachchigar, an applications engineer with Analog Devices Inc., looks at trade-offs that must be considered when choosing ...
Microchip in Pursuit of CSR
Samsung Funds III-V FinFETs in US Lab
A question of Europe
Trinamic's stepper motor package gets you started
Winged parcel delivery: Google's way
August 29, 2014
While there is still debate about if legislation would ever allow swarms of commercial drones to fly over our heads, Google ...
Two-inch Super AMOLED display fits Samsung smartwatch plans
UK armed forces consider lithium sulfur batteries
Small cell market to hit $4.8 billion in five years
- Power Modules: The New Super Power
- Digital Power Management Reduces Energy Costs While Improving System Performance
- Using RF Recording Techniques to Resolve Interference Problems
- How to Protect & Monetize Android Apps
InterviewA question of Europe
Sir Peter Bonfield sits on the board and has advisory roles in many international companies and universities. With more than 45 years of experience in electronics, computers and communications, here he ...
Filter WizardCheck out the Filter Wizard Series of articles by Filter Guru Kendall Castor-Perry which provide invaluable practical Analog Design guidelines.
Linear video channel
READER OFFERRead more
This month, Trinamic Motion Control is offering you to win one of four TMCM-1043 development kits for its highly integrated, NEMA 17-compatible TMCM-1043 stepDancer stepper motor module.
Offering designers an easy-to-use PC-based GUI that allows one-click modification of motor drive current, micro-stepping and other key parameters, the intuitive kits are custom designed and developed for...MORE INFO AND LAST MONTH' WINNERS...
December 15, 2011 | Texas instruments | 222901974
Unique Ser/Des technology supports encrypted video and audio content with full duplex bi-directional control channel over a single wire interface.