Give away: 6 copies of Rambus' latest book 'High-Speed Signaling'
May 01, 2012 // Julien Happich
As data communication rates accelerate well into the multi-gigahertz range, ensuring signal integrity both on- and off-chip has become crucial. Signal integrity can no longer be addressed solely through improvements in package or board-level design.
Diverse engineering teams must work together closely from the earliest design stages to identify the best system-level solutions. In High-Speed Signaling, several of the field's most respected practitioners and researchers introduce cutting-edge modeling, simulation, and optimization techniques for meeting this challenge.
Edited by pioneering experts Drs. Dan Oh and Chuck Yuan, these contributors explain why noise and jitter are no longer separable, demonstrate how to model their increasingly complex interactions, and thoroughly introduce a new simulation methodology for predicting link-level performance with unprecedented accuracy.
The authors address signal integrity from architecture through high-volume production, thoroughly discussing design, implementation, and verification.
- - New advances in passive-channel modeling, power-supply noise and jitter modeling, and system margin prediction
- Methodologies for balancing system voltage and timing budgets to improve system robustness in high-volume manufacturing
- Practical, stable formulae for converting key network parameters
- Improved solutions for difficult problems in the broadband modelling of interconnects
- Equalization techniques for optimizing channel performance
- Important new insights into the relationships between jitter and clocking topologies
- New on-chip measurement techniques for in-situ link performance testing
- Trends and future directions in signal integrity engineering
The book thoroughly introduces new techniques pioneered at Rambus and other leading high-tech companies and universities: approaches that have never before been presented with this much practical detail. It will be invaluable to everyone concerned with signal integrity, including signal and power integrity engineers, high-speed I/O circuit designers, and system-level board design engineers.
For what project are you interested in this book?
To qualify for the reader offer and get the chance to win one of these books, complete the Reader Offer entry form below and tell us what project makes you interested in this particular topic.
* : Required Field All news
Do head-up displays lead the wrong way to safety?
June 30, 2015
In vehicles, head-up displays (HUDs) have been developed to reduce driver distraction and help drivers to keep their eyes ...
ZF sets course to driver assistance
Advanced packaging to boost photolithography market, says Yole
Nanogenerator harvests energy from rolling tires
Tactical panoramic video ball creeps in
Conductive ink turns textiles into stretchable electronics
June 29, 2015
University of Tokyo researchers have developed an ink that can be printed on textiles in a single step to form highly conductive ...
Apple Watch tear down reveals European chips
GlobalFoundries’ FD-SOI revolution
Exploring through-wall presence detection
- The 400XAC Series: Two Major Advantages that Simplify Functional Testing
- A Smart Way to Drive ECU Consolidation
- Autonomous Driving: An Eye on the Road Ahead
- Getting Security Right in Wireless Sensor Networks
InterviewCEO interview: Cadence is about enablement, collaboration
EDA companies are being asked to provide expertise from the circuit- to the system-level observes Lip-Bu Tan, CEO of EDA software vendor Cadence Design Systems Inc. Covering such a breadth of endeavour ...
Filter WizardCheck out the Filter Wizard Series of articles by Filter Guru Kendall Castor-Perry which provide invaluable practical Analog Design guidelines.
Linear video channel
READER OFFERRead more
This month, Future Electronics has 20 of Intersil's ISL8203MEVAL2Z evaluation boards to give away to EETimes Europe's readers. Worth 95 US dollars, the board was designed to demonstrate the performance of the ISL8203M dual step-down power module which integrates a PWM controller, synchronous switching MOSFETs, inductors, and passives all in a 9.0x6.5x1.83mm package.
The ISL8203M is rated for...MORE INFO AND LAST MONTH' WINNERS...
December 15, 2011 | Texas instruments | 222901974
Unique Ser/Des technology supports encrypted video and audio content with full duplex bi-directional control channel over a single wire interface.