NatSemi expands 'Simple Switcher' power module family
August 02, 2010 // Christoph Hammerschmidt
National Semiconductor has introduced nine new 'Simple Switcher' power modules featuring an extended operating temperatures and vibration and drop testing for use in harsh environments. Target markets are automotive and off-highway vehicles as well as military and industrial applications.
According to the vendor, the ruggedized LMZ10503/4/5EXT, LMZ12001/2/3EXT and LMZ14201/2/3EXT power modules provide the efficiency of a synchronous switching regulator with the simplicity of a linear regulator, eliminating the external inductor and complex layout placement challenges typical of switching regulator designs. The wide junction temperature range of -55 degrees C to +125 degrees C make the new Simple Switcher power modules well-suited for field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), microprocessors, digital signal processors (DSPs) and other point-of-load (POL) conversions in harsh environments.
Key features for the extended temperature power modules include:
- Extended junction temperature range down to -55 degrees C
- Compliant to vibration standard MIL-STD-883 Method 2007.2 Condition A and JESD22-B103B Condition 1
- Compliant to drop standard MIL-STD-883 Method 2002.3 Condition B and JESD22-B110 Condition B
- Pin-to-pin compatible with other family members
- Wide input voltage range up to 42 V Integrated shielded inductor
- Efficiency greater than 90 percent
- Small 10.16 mm by 13.77 mm by 4.57 mm package (RoHS compliant)
- Low radiated emissions (EMI) complies with EN55022 class B standard
- -Passes 10 V/m radiated immunity EMI test standard EN61000 4-3
The LMZ10503/4/5EXT power modules support maximum load currents of 5 A with an input voltage range of 2.95 V to National's LMZ10503/4/5EXT, LMZ14201/2/3EXT and LMZ12001/2/3EXT power modules are available now in a 7-pin package with exposed-bottom pad and range in cost from $9.50 to $17.20 in quantities of 500.
For information on all of National's Simple Switcher power modules, visit www.national.com/analog/power/simple_switcher_power_modules.
Switch to LED lighting cuts cruising energy costs by 60 percent
February 27, 2015
Europe’s leading holiday cruise company, Costa Cruises has upgraded ten of the company's fleet of cruise liners with more ...
Semitrex' ultimate goal: "one size fits all" power conversion
Porsche rainmaker advocates platooning
Radar-based sensor network helps drivers finding a parking spot
Xilinx flexes its muscles in the ADAS arena
The future of custom ASICs
February 26, 2015
With the prevailing view that Moore's Law is slowing Donnacha O’Riordan, director of services strategy for S3 Group, gives ...
Dual nanowire structure absorbs light efficiently
5 trends to watch at Mobile World Congress
Infineon: CAN FD success goes at the expense of FlexRay
- Software-Defined Radio Handbook
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- LED Driver with Integrated Spread Spectrum Reduces EMI without Adding Flicker
- Accelerate SDN and NFV with Off-the-Shelf Software
InterviewInfineon: CAN FD success goes at the expense of FlexRay
The faster version of the venerable CAN bus, CAN FD is currently taking off at several carmakers. Infineon's Thomas Böhm, Head of Body / Automotive, believes this could well go at the expense of FlexRay. ...
Filter WizardCheck out the Filter Wizard Series of articles by Filter Guru Kendall Castor-Perry which provide invaluable practical Analog Design guidelines.
Linear video channel
READER OFFERRead more
To ensure you have a good start in 2015, Freescale is giving away five of its QorIQ TWR-LS1021A Tower system modules, worth USD269 each, for EETimes Europe's readers to win.
The module is the most feature-rich and high-performance Tower system offered by Freescale, enabling compatibility and interoperability with the growing list of Tower expansion modules, offering an easily accessible...MORE INFO AND LAST MONTH' WINNERS...
December 15, 2011 | Texas instruments | 222901974
Unique Ser/Des technology supports encrypted video and audio content with full duplex bi-directional control channel over a single wire interface.