NatSemi expands 'Simple Switcher' power module family
August 02, 2010 // Christoph Hammerschmidt
National Semiconductor has introduced nine new 'Simple Switcher' power modules featuring an extended operating temperatures and vibration and drop testing for use in harsh environments. Target markets are automotive and off-highway vehicles as well as military and industrial applications.
According to the vendor, the ruggedized LMZ10503/4/5EXT, LMZ12001/2/3EXT and LMZ14201/2/3EXT power modules provide the efficiency of a synchronous switching regulator with the simplicity of a linear regulator, eliminating the external inductor and complex layout placement challenges typical of switching regulator designs. The wide junction temperature range of -55 degrees C to +125 degrees C make the new Simple Switcher power modules well-suited for field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), microprocessors, digital signal processors (DSPs) and other point-of-load (POL) conversions in harsh environments.
Key features for the extended temperature power modules include:
- Extended junction temperature range down to -55 degrees C
- Compliant to vibration standard MIL-STD-883 Method 2007.2 Condition A and JESD22-B103B Condition 1
- Compliant to drop standard MIL-STD-883 Method 2002.3 Condition B and JESD22-B110 Condition B
- Pin-to-pin compatible with other family members
- Wide input voltage range up to 42 V Integrated shielded inductor
- Efficiency greater than 90 percent
- Small 10.16 mm by 13.77 mm by 4.57 mm package (RoHS compliant)
- Low radiated emissions (EMI) complies with EN55022 class B standard
- -Passes 10 V/m radiated immunity EMI test standard EN61000 4-3
The LMZ10503/4/5EXT power modules support maximum load currents of 5 A with an input voltage range of 2.95 V to National's LMZ10503/4/5EXT, LMZ14201/2/3EXT and LMZ12001/2/3EXT power modules are available now in a 7-pin package with exposed-bottom pad and range in cost from $9.50 to $17.20 in quantities of 500.
For information on all of National's Simple Switcher power modules, visit www.national.com/analog/power/simple_switcher_power_modules.
True building-integrated photovoltaics about to take-off, says n-tech Research
August 05, 2015
In its latest report, industry analyst firm n-tech Research predicts the total market for building-integrated solar photovoltaic ...
Shock absorber harvests energy from car's suspension
Altera brings in ZMDI to boost digital power control integration
Wearable monitor wins Sudden Impact challenge
Automotive electronics complexity at tipping point, study warns
Phone batteries leak your browsing whereabouts
August 04, 2015
A European team of security researchers have identified a potential privacy invasion 'black hole' that could exploit phone ...
NASA preps Venus ICs
'Aqueous solar flow' battery lasts longer
Google 'Street View' cars add sensors to map air quality
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Test environment for the positioning elements of wearable devices
- Automotive Circuit Protection using Littelfuse Automotive TVS Diodes
- Top 5 Challenges for testing Today's Consumer Electronics
InterviewGlobalfoundries' CEO on why FD-SOI and why now
With its latest news Globalfoundries Inc. has not only confirmed itself as a supporter of the fully-depleted silicon-on-insulator (FD-SOI) approach to IC manufacturing but that it also thinks sufficiently ...
Filter WizardCheck out the Filter Wizard Series of articles by Filter Guru Kendall Castor-Perry which provide invaluable practical Analog Design guidelines.
Linear video channel
READER OFFERRead more
This month, Novelda is giving away two full XeThru Inspiration kits worth 1499 US Dollars each, for EETimes Europe's readers to experiment first hand with its XeThru technology.Based on the use of radio waves, rather than infrared, ultrasound or light, the company's X2M1000 Inspiration modules can detect presence just from the chest movement while breathing, and measure both the rate and... MORE INFO AND LAST MONTH' WINNERS...
December 15, 2011 | Texas instruments | 222901974
Unique Ser/Des technology supports encrypted video and audio content with full duplex bi-directional control channel over a single wire interface.