Single-cell, dual-input Li-Ion battery charger family supports tablets, e-readers and smartphones
January 10, 2012 // Paul Buckley
Texas Instruments Incorporated has introduced a battery charger integrated circuit to support higher cell capacity batteries and increasing battery charge currents of tablets, e-readers and smartphones. The highly integrated single-cell Li-Ion battery charger has dual inputs, which allow operation from either a USB port or higher power input supply (AC adapter or wireless power input).
The two inputs are fully independent from each other and are easily configurable using the I2C interface or stand-alone interface.
Key features and benefits include:
- Integrated FETs support charge rates up to 2.5 A (10.5 W) from IN input, and 1.5 A from USB input;
- Dual source inputs, AC adapter and USB 2.0/3.0 compatibility provide flexibility in design and applications;
- D+/D- auto adapter for USB input ease system design and reduce external components;
- 20-V input with 10.5-V over voltage protection supports low-cost unregulated adapters and poor USB sources;
- Integrated power path allows system startup from deeply discharged or no battery power operating conditions;
- BC1.2 compliance, JEITA charging support and thermal regulation protection help to provide safe and accurate battery operation.
TI offers a variety of tools and support to speed the implementation of the bq2416x family of devices:
bq24160EVM-721 evaluation module: www.ti.com/bq24160EVM-pr
bq24160EVM-742 evaluation module: www.ti.com/bq241742EVM-pr
bq2416x EVM User's Guide: www.ti.com/bq2416xEVMUG
bq2416x EVM software: www.ti.com/bq24160sw-pr
Google locks future wearable IP with smart lens patents
April 16, 2014
Yesterday, 15th of April, US-based Google fans were granted the privilege to exchange $1500 for a ďpairĒ of Google Glass. ...
Porsche connects infotainment to cloud with HTML5
Anglia signs with DEM Manufacturing
RFMW Ltd to distribute Aviacommís transceivers
Sensors, actuators market on 11% CAGR to 2018
Additional conference complements Sensor + Test trade fair
April 15, 2014
As an add-on to the Sensor + Test trade fair later this year in Nuremberg (Germany), the organizer plans to launch the European ...
End of Windows XP boosted 1Q14 PC sales, says Gartner
Global HB LED market set to shine by 2018
Chinese smartphone maker undercuts western companies
- USB 5V 2.5A Output, 42V Input Synchronous Buck with Cable Drop Compensation
- Measurement applications across multiple test platforms
- Supplying DC input power to string inverters
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
InterviewHeartbleed challenges the Internet of Thing
The Heartbleed security bug is a key example of the fundamental security challenge for the Internet of Things says Green Hills Software as it launches a new security group.
Filter WizardCheck out the Filter Wizard Series of articles by Filter Guru Kendall Castor-Perry which provide invaluable practical Analog Design guidelines.
Linear video channel
READER OFFERRead more
This month, Arrow Electronics is giving away ten XMC1200 lighting application kits, worth 100 Euros each, for EETimes Europe's readers to win.
Each kit combines Infineon’s brightness and colour control XMC1200 CPU board to drive flicker free LED dimming and colour changing, together with a colour LED card and a white LED card.
December 15, 2011 | Texas instruments | 222901974
Unique Ser/Des technology supports encrypted video and audio content with full duplex bi-directional control channel over a single wire interface.