SLC NAND Flash family targets embedded and automotive markets
August 02, 2012 // Christoph Hammerschmidt
Embedded Flash memory provider Spansion has started sampling its first family of single-level cell (SLC) Spansion NAND products using 4x nm floating-gate technology, targeted specifically for data storage in automotive, consumer and networking applications.
Spansion SLC NAND will be offered in densities from 1 Gb to 8 Gb in 3.0V and 1.8V families that feature high performance, extended temperature range, long-term product support and stringent reliability demands, such as 1-bit error correction code (ECC). Additionally, Spansion also unveiled its SLC NAND product roadmap through 2017.
Key Facts of the Spansion SLC NAND family:
- 3.0-V, 1 Gb, 2 Gb and 4 Gb monolithic solutions are sampling now;
- 1.8-V, 1 Gb, 2 Gb and 4 Gb monolithic solutions will begin sampling at the end of 2012;
- 8 Gb solutions will sample in the second half of 2012;
- 4x nm floating-gate process technology;
- Industrial temperature range (-40C to +85C);
- High reliability with 100,000 cycle endurance with recommended 1-bit ECC;
- Best-in-class SLC NAND performance with 25 μs random access, 25 ns sequential access, and up to 200 μs programming;
- Industry-standard 48-pin TSOP package via Spansion's Universal Footprint;
- Industry-standard NAND signal interface and command set;
- Complimentary Spansion FFS -- customized software drivers and Flash file system software.
The SLC NAND products complement the company's broad parallel and serial NOR Flash memory portfolio. When designs require high-performance code execution and data storage to create rich user experiences, designers can select Spansion parallel or serial NOR Flash memory. Data storage needs can be addressed with new Spansion SLC NAND Flash solutions that deliver the high reliability and product longevity Spansion products are known for. With Spansion's broad NOR and NAND Flash memory portfolio, embedded customers now have access to a wide range of non-volatile memory products, all backed by Spansion's industry-leading customer support and service.
Spansion's five-year technology roadmap includes 1 Gb – 8 Gb SLC NAND solutions on 4x nm technology today, 3x nm technology by end of 2012 and 2x nm in 2014.
For more information, visit http://www.spansion.com.All news
Are you worth insuring? Wearables to decide
January 30, 2015
At Cicor's first Innovation Insights Symposium held in Zurich end of January, the focus was very much on smart wearables ...
Security flaw in BMW's ConnectedDrive detected
SMBus Version 3.0 offers improved power management performance
Quantum entanglement now on-a-chip
Single crystal perovskites promise cheaper solar cells and LEDs
Wafer-scale perovskite solar cells on the horizon
January 30, 2015
Researchers from the Los Alamos National Laboratory have revealed a solution-based hot-casting technique that allows growth ...
Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation Reduces Automotive LED Driver EMI
Privately-owned car not on the red list, study says
Private equity buys Canadian MEMS foundry
- Accelerate SDN and NFV with Off-the-Shelf Software
- Sensing Elements for Current Measurements
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Semiconductor Failure Diagnosis using Thermal Characterization and Power Cycling
InterviewCEO interview: Bosch's IoT startup is all about the system
Thorsten Mueller, CEO of Bosch Connected Devices and Solutions GmbH (Reutlingen, Germany), has been guiding the latest startup subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH since 2013 when he started the initiative ...
Filter WizardCheck out the Filter Wizard Series of articles by Filter Guru Kendall Castor-Perry which provide invaluable practical Analog Design guidelines.
Linear video channel
READER OFFERRead more
To ensure you have a good start in 2015, Freescale is giving away five of its QorIQ TWR-LS1021A Tower system modules, worth USD269 each, for EETimes Europe's readers to win.
The module is the most feature-rich and high-performance Tower system offered by Freescale, enabling compatibility and interoperability with the growing list of Tower expansion modules, offering an easily accessible...MORE INFO AND LAST MONTH' WINNERS...
December 15, 2011 | Texas instruments | 222901974
Unique Ser/Des technology supports encrypted video and audio content with full duplex bi-directional control channel over a single wire interface.