SLC NAND Flash family targets embedded and automotive markets
August 02, 2012 // Christoph Hammerschmidt
Embedded Flash memory provider Spansion has started sampling its first family of single-level cell (SLC) Spansion NAND products using 4x nm floating-gate technology, targeted specifically for data storage in automotive, consumer and networking applications.
Spansion SLC NAND will be offered in densities from 1 Gb to 8 Gb in 3.0V and 1.8V families that feature high performance, extended temperature range, long-term product support and stringent reliability demands, such as 1-bit error correction code (ECC). Additionally, Spansion also unveiled its SLC NAND product roadmap through 2017.
Key Facts of the Spansion SLC NAND family:
- 3.0-V, 1 Gb, 2 Gb and 4 Gb monolithic solutions are sampling now;
- 1.8-V, 1 Gb, 2 Gb and 4 Gb monolithic solutions will begin sampling at the end of 2012;
- 8 Gb solutions will sample in the second half of 2012;
- 4x nm floating-gate process technology;
- Industrial temperature range (-40C to +85C);
- High reliability with 100,000 cycle endurance with recommended 1-bit ECC;
- Best-in-class SLC NAND performance with 25 μs random access, 25 ns sequential access, and up to 200 μs programming;
- Industry-standard 48-pin TSOP package via Spansion's Universal Footprint;
- Industry-standard NAND signal interface and command set;
- Complimentary Spansion FFS -- customized software drivers and Flash file system software.
The SLC NAND products complement the company's broad parallel and serial NOR Flash memory portfolio. When designs require high-performance code execution and data storage to create rich user experiences, designers can select Spansion parallel or serial NOR Flash memory. Data storage needs can be addressed with new Spansion SLC NAND Flash solutions that deliver the high reliability and product longevity Spansion products are known for. With Spansion's broad NOR and NAND Flash memory portfolio, embedded customers now have access to a wide range of non-volatile memory products, all backed by Spansion's industry-leading customer support and service.
Spansion's five-year technology roadmap includes 1 Gb – 8 Gb SLC NAND solutions on 4x nm technology today, 3x nm technology by end of 2012 and 2x nm in 2014.
For more information, visit http://www.spansion.com.All news
Micrel's 10 criteria for choosing a MEMS foundry
April 18, 2014
Micrel Inc. (San Jose, Calif.) has prepared an article that lays out the 10 criteria to help guide someone in the choice ...
Superconducting qbits made immune to quasiparticle energy loss
The Filter Wizard: Just add a transistor
Mobile display revenues soar, leaving TV behind
European organic PV project aims for material gains
Nanomaterial-packed cathode extends range of EV lithium-sulfur batteries
April 17, 2014
Researchers at the USA's Department of Energy Pacific Northwest National Laboratory have developed a metal organic framework ...
Wearable computing market on 78% CAGR through 2018
OLED TV shipment delays stall OLED material growth
BMW updates navigation via mobile radio connection
- USB 5V 2.5A Output, 42V Input Synchronous Buck with Cable Drop Compensation
- Measurement applications across multiple test platforms
- Supplying DC input power to string inverters
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
InterviewHeartbleed challenges the Internet of Thing
The Heartbleed security bug is a key example of the fundamental security challenge for the Internet of Things says Green Hills Software as it launches a new security group.
Filter WizardCheck out the Filter Wizard Series of articles by Filter Guru Kendall Castor-Perry which provide invaluable practical Analog Design guidelines.
Linear video channel
READER OFFERRead more
This month, Arrow Electronics is giving away ten XMC1200 lighting application kits, worth 100 Euros each, for EETimes Europe's readers to win.
Each kit combines Infineon’s brightness and colour control XMC1200 CPU board to drive flicker free LED dimming and colour changing, together with a colour LED card and a white LED card.
December 15, 2011 | Texas instruments | 222901974
Unique Ser/Des technology supports encrypted video and audio content with full duplex bi-directional control channel over a single wire interface.