SLC NAND Flash family targets embedded and automotive markets
August 02, 2012 // Christoph Hammerschmidt
Embedded Flash memory provider Spansion has started sampling its first family of single-level cell (SLC) Spansion NAND products using 4x nm floating-gate technology, targeted specifically for data storage in automotive, consumer and networking applications.
Spansion SLC NAND will be offered in densities from 1 Gb to 8 Gb in 3.0V and 1.8V families that feature high performance, extended temperature range, long-term product support and stringent reliability demands, such as 1-bit error correction code (ECC). Additionally, Spansion also unveiled its SLC NAND product roadmap through 2017.
Key Facts of the Spansion SLC NAND family:
- 3.0-V, 1 Gb, 2 Gb and 4 Gb monolithic solutions are sampling now;
- 1.8-V, 1 Gb, 2 Gb and 4 Gb monolithic solutions will begin sampling at the end of 2012;
- 8 Gb solutions will sample in the second half of 2012;
- 4x nm floating-gate process technology;
- Industrial temperature range (-40C to +85C);
- High reliability with 100,000 cycle endurance with recommended 1-bit ECC;
- Best-in-class SLC NAND performance with 25 μs random access, 25 ns sequential access, and up to 200 μs programming;
- Industry-standard 48-pin TSOP package via Spansion's Universal Footprint;
- Industry-standard NAND signal interface and command set;
- Complimentary Spansion FFS -- customized software drivers and Flash file system software.
The SLC NAND products complement the company's broad parallel and serial NOR Flash memory portfolio. When designs require high-performance code execution and data storage to create rich user experiences, designers can select Spansion parallel or serial NOR Flash memory. Data storage needs can be addressed with new Spansion SLC NAND Flash solutions that deliver the high reliability and product longevity Spansion products are known for. With Spansion's broad NOR and NAND Flash memory portfolio, embedded customers now have access to a wide range of non-volatile memory products, all backed by Spansion's industry-leading customer support and service.
Spansion's five-year technology roadmap includes 1 Gb – 8 Gb SLC NAND solutions on 4x nm technology today, 3x nm technology by end of 2012 and 2x nm in 2014.
For more information, visit http://www.spansion.com.All news
ADCs for high dynamic range – successive-approximation or sigma-delta?
September 01, 2014
Maithil Pachchigar, an applications engineer with Analog Devices Inc., looks at trade-offs that must be considered when choosing ...
Microchip in Pursuit of CSR
Samsung Funds III-V FinFETs in US Lab
A question of Europe
Trinamic's stepper motor package gets you started
Winged parcel delivery: Google's way
August 29, 2014
While there is still debate about if legislation would ever allow swarms of commercial drones to fly over our heads, Google ...
Two-inch Super AMOLED display fits Samsung smartwatch plans
UK armed forces consider lithium sulfur batteries
Small cell market to hit $4.8 billion in five years
- Power Modules: The New Super Power
- Digital Power Management Reduces Energy Costs While Improving System Performance
- Using RF Recording Techniques to Resolve Interference Problems
- How to Protect & Monetize Android Apps
InterviewA question of Europe
Sir Peter Bonfield sits on the board and has advisory roles in many international companies and universities. With more than 45 years of experience in electronics, computers and communications, here he ...
Filter WizardCheck out the Filter Wizard Series of articles by Filter Guru Kendall Castor-Perry which provide invaluable practical Analog Design guidelines.
Linear video channel
READER OFFERRead more
This month, Trinamic Motion Control is offering you to win one of four TMCM-1043 development kits for its highly integrated, NEMA 17-compatible TMCM-1043 stepDancer stepper motor module.
Offering designers an easy-to-use PC-based GUI that allows one-click modification of motor drive current, micro-stepping and other key parameters, the intuitive kits are custom designed and developed for...MORE INFO AND LAST MONTH' WINNERS...
December 15, 2011 | Texas instruments | 222901974
Unique Ser/Des technology supports encrypted video and audio content with full duplex bi-directional control channel over a single wire interface.