SLC NAND Flash family targets embedded and automotive markets
August 02, 2012 // Christoph Hammerschmidt
Embedded Flash memory provider Spansion has started sampling its first family of single-level cell (SLC) Spansion NAND products using 4x nm floating-gate technology, targeted specifically for data storage in automotive, consumer and networking applications.
Spansion SLC NAND will be offered in densities from 1 Gb to 8 Gb in 3.0V and 1.8V families that feature high performance, extended temperature range, long-term product support and stringent reliability demands, such as 1-bit error correction code (ECC). Additionally, Spansion also unveiled its SLC NAND product roadmap through 2017.
Key Facts of the Spansion SLC NAND family:
- 3.0-V, 1 Gb, 2 Gb and 4 Gb monolithic solutions are sampling now;
- 1.8-V, 1 Gb, 2 Gb and 4 Gb monolithic solutions will begin sampling at the end of 2012;
- 8 Gb solutions will sample in the second half of 2012;
- 4x nm floating-gate process technology;
- Industrial temperature range (-40C to +85C);
- High reliability with 100,000 cycle endurance with recommended 1-bit ECC;
- Best-in-class SLC NAND performance with 25 μs random access, 25 ns sequential access, and up to 200 μs programming;
- Industry-standard 48-pin TSOP package via Spansion's Universal Footprint;
- Industry-standard NAND signal interface and command set;
- Complimentary Spansion FFS -- customized software drivers and Flash file system software.
The SLC NAND products complement the company's broad parallel and serial NOR Flash memory portfolio. When designs require high-performance code execution and data storage to create rich user experiences, designers can select Spansion parallel or serial NOR Flash memory. Data storage needs can be addressed with new Spansion SLC NAND Flash solutions that deliver the high reliability and product longevity Spansion products are known for. With Spansion's broad NOR and NAND Flash memory portfolio, embedded customers now have access to a wide range of non-volatile memory products, all backed by Spansion's industry-leading customer support and service.
Spansion's five-year technology roadmap includes 1 Gb – 8 Gb SLC NAND solutions on 4x nm technology today, 3x nm technology by end of 2012 and 2x nm in 2014.
For more information, visit http://www.spansion.com.All news
Structural electronics - the next big thing in smart cars?
September 18, 2014
Electronic circuits embedded in vehicles, aircraft and more have the potential to be a $60 billion market by 2025, says technology ...
Elastomeric camouflage switches texture and colour
Solar microinverter to break USD1bn barrier in 2018
7nm EUV could ease 10nm squeeze, says ASML
Europeans flex skills to commercialize OLED and OPV devices
Freescale opens Discovery Lab in Toulouse to foster innovation
September 17, 2014
Shortly after the company celebrated the first year of existence of its Austin-based Freescale Discovery Lab, an incubator ...
Can a large-area flexible OLED have reliable contacts?
Lemoptix pico-projector excels
Building ARM-based Bluetooth-enabled wearables
- Putting FPGAs to Work in Software Radio Systems Handbook
- Flexible and Low Power Driving of Solenoid Coils
- How to Protect & Monetize Android Apps
- Power Modules: The New Super Power
InterviewCEO interview: AMS' Laney on driving a sensor-driven business
Kirk Laney, CEO of Austrian mixed-signal chip and sensor company AMS, wants to leverage the opportunity that technology affords to create new markets for sensors and sensor interfaces.
Filter WizardCheck out the Filter Wizard Series of articles by Filter Guru Kendall Castor-Perry which provide invaluable practical Analog Design guidelines.
Linear video channel
READER OFFERRead more
This month, Trinamic Motion Control is offering you to win one of four TMCM-1043 development kits for its highly integrated, NEMA 17-compatible TMCM-1043 stepDancer stepper motor module.
Offering designers an easy-to-use PC-based GUI that allows one-click modification of motor drive current, micro-stepping and other key parameters, the intuitive kits are custom designed and developed for...MORE INFO AND LAST MONTH' WINNERS...
December 15, 2011 | Texas instruments | 222901974
Unique Ser/Des technology supports encrypted video and audio content with full duplex bi-directional control channel over a single wire interface.