SLC NAND Flash family targets embedded and automotive markets
August 02, 2012 // Christoph Hammerschmidt
Embedded Flash memory provider Spansion has started sampling its first family of single-level cell (SLC) Spansion NAND products using 4x nm floating-gate technology, targeted specifically for data storage in automotive, consumer and networking applications.
Spansion SLC NAND will be offered in densities from 1 Gb to 8 Gb in 3.0V and 1.8V families that feature high performance, extended temperature range, long-term product support and stringent reliability demands, such as 1-bit error correction code (ECC). Additionally, Spansion also unveiled its SLC NAND product roadmap through 2017.
Key Facts of the Spansion SLC NAND family:
- 3.0-V, 1 Gb, 2 Gb and 4 Gb monolithic solutions are sampling now;
- 1.8-V, 1 Gb, 2 Gb and 4 Gb monolithic solutions will begin sampling at the end of 2012;
- 8 Gb solutions will sample in the second half of 2012;
- 4x nm floating-gate process technology;
- Industrial temperature range (-40C to +85C);
- High reliability with 100,000 cycle endurance with recommended 1-bit ECC;
- Best-in-class SLC NAND performance with 25 μs random access, 25 ns sequential access, and up to 200 μs programming;
- Industry-standard 48-pin TSOP package via Spansion's Universal Footprint;
- Industry-standard NAND signal interface and command set;
- Complimentary Spansion FFS -- customized software drivers and Flash file system software.
The SLC NAND products complement the company's broad parallel and serial NOR Flash memory portfolio. When designs require high-performance code execution and data storage to create rich user experiences, designers can select Spansion parallel or serial NOR Flash memory. Data storage needs can be addressed with new Spansion SLC NAND Flash solutions that deliver the high reliability and product longevity Spansion products are known for. With Spansion's broad NOR and NAND Flash memory portfolio, embedded customers now have access to a wide range of non-volatile memory products, all backed by Spansion's industry-leading customer support and service.
Spansion's five-year technology roadmap includes 1 Gb – 8 Gb SLC NAND solutions on 4x nm technology today, 3x nm technology by end of 2012 and 2x nm in 2014.
For more information, visit http://www.spansion.com.All news
DecaWave preps for expansion, next location chip.
September 03, 2015
Even though ultrawideband fabless chip company DecaWave Ltd. (Dublin, Ireland) has only recently raised funding of $4.5 million ...
These five trends drive automotive innovation
How to increase your engineering value in just 20 minutes a day
Google-led group preempts HEVC
IT security is changing: if the SIEM is dead, what's next?
Serdes startup Credo raises $8 million
September 03, 2015
Credo Semiconductor Inc. (Milpitas, Calif.), a developer of serializer-deserializer circuits, technology and IP cores, has ...
The future of print and paper: digital hybrids
Google backer offers $50 million quantum computer investment
Solar-charged transparent Li-ion battery promises 'smart windows'
- High Voltage CMOS Amplifier Enables High Impedance Sensing with a Single IC
- Software-Defined Radio Handbook
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- Automating Leakage and Functional Testing
InterviewCEO interview: Ambiq sees broader options for low voltage
Mike Noonen, recently appointed interim CEO at microcontroller startup Ambiq Micro, discusses the focus and opportunities for this pioneering company designing circuits that can operate below the threshold ...
Filter WizardCheck out the Filter Wizard Series of articles by Filter Guru Kendall Castor-Perry which provide invaluable practical Analog Design guidelines.
Linear video channel
READER OFFERRead more
This month, Altera is giving away three of its second-generation Nios II Embedded Evaluation Kit (NEEK), worth 9 each, for EETimes Europe's readers to win.
The feature-rich platform provides a fast and simple way for embedded designers to experience the capabilities of a custom embedded processor in a non-volatile FPGA.
MORE INFO AND LAST MONTH' WINNERS...
December 15, 2011 | Texas instruments | 222901974
Unique Ser/Des technology supports encrypted video and audio content with full duplex bi-directional control channel over a single wire interface.