SLC NAND Flash family targets embedded and automotive markets
August 02, 2012 // Christoph Hammerschmidt
Embedded Flash memory provider Spansion has started sampling its first family of single-level cell (SLC) Spansion NAND products using 4x nm floating-gate technology, targeted specifically for data storage in automotive, consumer and networking applications.
Spansion SLC NAND will be offered in densities from 1 Gb to 8 Gb in 3.0V and 1.8V families that feature high performance, extended temperature range, long-term product support and stringent reliability demands, such as 1-bit error correction code (ECC). Additionally, Spansion also unveiled its SLC NAND product roadmap through 2017.
Key Facts of the Spansion SLC NAND family:
- 3.0-V, 1 Gb, 2 Gb and 4 Gb monolithic solutions are sampling now;
- 1.8-V, 1 Gb, 2 Gb and 4 Gb monolithic solutions will begin sampling at the end of 2012;
- 8 Gb solutions will sample in the second half of 2012;
- 4x nm floating-gate process technology;
- Industrial temperature range (-40C to +85C);
- High reliability with 100,000 cycle endurance with recommended 1-bit ECC;
- Best-in-class SLC NAND performance with 25 μs random access, 25 ns sequential access, and up to 200 μs programming;
- Industry-standard 48-pin TSOP package via Spansion's Universal Footprint;
- Industry-standard NAND signal interface and command set;
- Complimentary Spansion FFS -- customized software drivers and Flash file system software.
The SLC NAND products complement the company's broad parallel and serial NOR Flash memory portfolio. When designs require high-performance code execution and data storage to create rich user experiences, designers can select Spansion parallel or serial NOR Flash memory. Data storage needs can be addressed with new Spansion SLC NAND Flash solutions that deliver the high reliability and product longevity Spansion products are known for. With Spansion's broad NOR and NAND Flash memory portfolio, embedded customers now have access to a wide range of non-volatile memory products, all backed by Spansion's industry-leading customer support and service.
Spansion's five-year technology roadmap includes 1 Gb – 8 Gb SLC NAND solutions on 4x nm technology today, 3x nm technology by end of 2012 and 2x nm in 2014.
For more information, visit http://www.spansion.com.All news
CEO interview: Murata succumbs to IoT temptation
November 25, 2014
Well known for its capacitors which account for nearly a third of its total revenues, Murata has been quietly reinforcing ...
ZigBee Alliance unifies application standards for Internet of Things
Can Japan get her groove back with IoT?
Packing extra charges for those long travels
GalaxyCore develops 'through-silicon' image sensor
Intel, Sheldon Cooper promote 3D camera technology
November 24, 2014
Intel has secured the services of Jim Parsons, who plays Sheldon Cooper on the comedy television series The Big Bang Theory, ...
NXP acquires Quintic's Wearable and BTLE IC business
BMW and Tesla look at car battery alliance
Interview R&S: Communications become mission-critical
- Halogen-free options and increased performance for terminal blocks
- Wireless Power User Guide
- Secure is the New Smart
- 5 Best Practices for Designing Flexible Test Stations
InterviewInterview R&S: Communications become mission-critical
Driven by new application fields in the Internet of Things (IoT) and machine-to-machine (M2M) context, communications technologies are undergoing massive changes. This goes along with enormous challenges ...
Filter WizardCheck out the Filter Wizard Series of articles by Filter Guru Kendall Castor-Perry which provide invaluable practical Analog Design guidelines.
Linear video channel
READER OFFERRead more
This month, Cherry is giving away five of its Energy Harvesting Evaluation kits, worth over 266 Euros each, for EETimes Europe's readers to win. Cherry's energy harvesting technology benefit mostly applications where a complex wire assembly and/or batteries would be inappropriate.
The required RF-energy is created by the mechanical actuation of the switch and the data is transmitted...MORE INFO AND LAST MONTH' WINNERS...
December 15, 2011 | Texas instruments | 222901974
Unique Ser/Des technology supports encrypted video and audio content with full duplex bi-directional control channel over a single wire interface.
Most popular news
- Could magnesium battery innovation end lithium's dominance?
- From warm to cool white: colour-temperature tunable LEDs
- Li-Fi communication module wirelessly transfers data at 1-Gbps
- Supercapacitor innovation promises panel-powered cars in five years
- Rebranding the revolution: the future of IoT is embedded