SLC NAND Flash family targets embedded and automotive markets
August 02, 2012 // Christoph Hammerschmidt
Embedded Flash memory provider Spansion has started sampling its first family of single-level cell (SLC) Spansion NAND products using 4x nm floating-gate technology, targeted specifically for data storage in automotive, consumer and networking applications.
Spansion SLC NAND will be offered in densities from 1 Gb to 8 Gb in 3.0V and 1.8V families that feature high performance, extended temperature range, long-term product support and stringent reliability demands, such as 1-bit error correction code (ECC). Additionally, Spansion also unveiled its SLC NAND product roadmap through 2017.
Key Facts of the Spansion SLC NAND family:
- 3.0-V, 1 Gb, 2 Gb and 4 Gb monolithic solutions are sampling now;
- 1.8-V, 1 Gb, 2 Gb and 4 Gb monolithic solutions will begin sampling at the end of 2012;
- 8 Gb solutions will sample in the second half of 2012;
- 4x nm floating-gate process technology;
- Industrial temperature range (-40C to +85C);
- High reliability with 100,000 cycle endurance with recommended 1-bit ECC;
- Best-in-class SLC NAND performance with 25 μs random access, 25 ns sequential access, and up to 200 μs programming;
- Industry-standard 48-pin TSOP package via Spansion's Universal Footprint;
- Industry-standard NAND signal interface and command set;
- Complimentary Spansion FFS -- customized software drivers and Flash file system software.
The SLC NAND products complement the company's broad parallel and serial NOR Flash memory portfolio. When designs require high-performance code execution and data storage to create rich user experiences, designers can select Spansion parallel or serial NOR Flash memory. Data storage needs can be addressed with new Spansion SLC NAND Flash solutions that deliver the high reliability and product longevity Spansion products are known for. With Spansion's broad NOR and NAND Flash memory portfolio, embedded customers now have access to a wide range of non-volatile memory products, all backed by Spansion's industry-leading customer support and service.
Spansion's five-year technology roadmap includes 1 Gb – 8 Gb SLC NAND solutions on 4x nm technology today, 3x nm technology by end of 2012 and 2x nm in 2014.
For more information, visit http://www.spansion.com.All news
The EFM32 Zero Gecko starter kit in stock at RS Components
March 11, 2014
RS Components has announced availability of Silicon Labs' EFM32 Zero Gecko Starter Kit, an excellent tool for engineers to ...
Freescale mourns employees on missing Malaysian flight
Arrow Electronics signs EMEA distribution for Variscite
Apple design wins lift Bosch to top of MEMS ranking
Smartphone app oximeter meets hospital standards
Haptic lens converts light into touch
March 10, 2014
A lot of research goes into bringing back some level of sight to visually impaired people. Often, researchers look into ways ...
The MEMS market - who are the winners, the losers
Optical sensor improves spot welding process
SmartMesh IP wireless sensor network starter kit
- DSM presents: Select the best plastic for DDR4
- Wireless Sensor Network Challenges and Solutions
- Putting FPGAs to Work in Software Radio Systems Handbook
- Real-Time Spectrum Analysis for Troubleshooting 802.11n/ac WLAN Devices
InterviewWi-Fi is ‘open’ for business, which is good news for mobile subscribers
Following the news that Netgear has built a Facebook-linked amenity Wi-Fi option into its routers, enabling businesses to offer free Wi-Fi in return for liking the company Facebook page, David Nowicki, ...
Filter WizardCheck out the Filter Wizard Series of articles by Filter Guru Kendall Castor-Perry which provide invaluable practical Analog Design guidelines.
Linear video channel
READER OFFERRead more
This month, Freescale is giving away ten RIoTboards, worth 74 dollars each, for EETimes Europe's readers to win.
Designed to run Android operating systems efficiently or to run under Linux, the board is based on the Freescale i.MX 6Solo processor; using the ARM Cortex-A9 architecture.
And the winner is...
In our previous reader offer, Crystal Display was giving...Read more
December 15, 2011 | Texas instruments | 222901974
Unique Ser/Des technology supports encrypted video and audio content with full duplex bi-directional control channel over a single wire interface.