Ten analog, MEMS and sensor startups to watch in 2014
January 07, 2014 // Peter Clarke
Analog techniques and circuits, MEMS and sensors are areas where startups can make an impact although it can take several years to come to market.
With the beginning of a new year we thought it would be interesting to think about who are the rising stars in this area. What follows are ten private companies worth tracking in 2014 listed in alphabetical order.
1 DelfMEMS SA (Villeneuve d'Ascq, France) is a developer of MEMS switches for radio frequency tuning. Founded in 2005 the company raised 8.2 million (about $10.5 million) in a Series B round of financing in 2013 and appointed Guillaume d'Eyssautier as CEO for a push on mobile markets. www.delfmems.com
2 Dual Aperture Inc. (Palo Alto, Calif.) has developed a dual aperture RGB-IR sensor technology that can combine imaging and depth perception in a single sensor. It can consumer, automotive, and industrial products to form the basis of gesture recognition command and control. Founded in 2009. www.dual-aperture.com
3. Isorg SA (Grenoble, France), a spin-off from the CEA-Liten research organization founded in 2010, started out making single- or few-element organic sensors for use in presence and gesture detection. The company has teamed up with Plastic Logic Ltd. to create multi-pixel conformable organic image sensors on plastic substrates. www.isorg.fr
4. Merus Audio AS (Herlev, Denmark), founded in 2010, launched an audio amplifier IC in 2013 based on its Eximo architecture. The chip is claimed to be significantly more energy efficient that other Class-D amplifiers and is intended to address home audio and mobile phone applications. www.merus-audio.com
5. MicroGen Systems Inc. (Rochester, New York) was founded in 2007 by Robert Andosca, who serves as CEO. The company develops MEMS for energy harvesting and sensors in wireless sensor node and mobile electronics applications. www.microgensystems.co
Europe leads world in chip market growth
September 02, 2014
In July the European region showed the strongest year-on-year growth of all regions tracked by the World Semiconductor Trade ...
Radar-based blind spot assist to eliminate collisions during turning
German company wins bid to crash cars in China
European semiconductors sales up 14.9% this year
EE Times' annual salary & opinion survey report
Toshiba announces image sensor strategy
September 01, 2014
Toshiba Corp. has issued a press release detailing its strategy for the image sensor market.
DelfMEMS promotes CFO to CEO
Sensata to pay $1-bn for tire pressure sensor leader
ADCs for high dynamic range – successive-approximation or sigma-delta?
- Power Modules: The New Super Power
- Flexible Performance for Network Security Appliances
- Digital Power Management Reduces Energy Costs While Improving System Performance
- Using RF Recording Techniques to Resolve Interference Problems
InterviewA question of Europe
Sir Peter Bonfield sits on the board and has advisory roles in many international companies and universities. With more than 45 years of experience in electronics, computers and communications, here he ...
Filter WizardCheck out the Filter Wizard Series of articles by Filter Guru Kendall Castor-Perry which provide invaluable practical Analog Design guidelines.
Linear video channel
READER OFFERRead more
This month, Trinamic Motion Control is offering you to win one of four TMCM-1043 development kits for its highly integrated, NEMA 17-compatible TMCM-1043 stepDancer stepper motor module.
Offering designers an easy-to-use PC-based GUI that allows one-click modification of motor drive current, micro-stepping and other key parameters, the intuitive kits are custom designed and developed for...MORE INFO AND LAST MONTH' WINNERS...
December 15, 2011 | Texas instruments | 222901974
Unique Ser/Des technology supports encrypted video and audio content with full duplex bi-directional control channel over a single wire interface.