TI offers low-cost development kit for MSP430 Value Line MCUs
June 23, 2010 // Paul Buckley
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) has released its new MSP430 MCU Value Line LaunchPad development kit which claims to be the industry's lowest cost microcontroller (MCU) kit to enable prototyping, debugging and programming for new and experienced developers of sensing, consumer electronics and other cost sensitive applications
LaunchPad is compatible across the MSP430 MCU Value Line allowing developers to adapt to evolving design requirements in fast moving markets. MSP430 LaunchPad and Value Line MCUs provide a complete development environment to enable applications including 3D glasses, gaming controls, touch sensing, smoke/fire detectors, wireless networking and more. Additionally, since all MSP430 MCUs are code compatible, solutions developed using LaunchPad can be seamlessly migrated to any other MSP430 MCU for added scalability.
Key features and benefits of MSP430 LaunchPad Development Kit
- DIP target socket, supporting up to 20-pin devices, enables rapid prototyping with MSP430 Value Line MCUs; developers can quickly drop in MCUs to evaluate, program or debug devices
- Programmed MCUs can be easily removed and placed into custom PCBs and breadboards
- Developers can use pushbuttons, LEDs and breakout pins for external components, allowing LaunchPad to function as a standalone system
- Integrated, USB-powered emulator permits flash programming, firmware debugging and serial communication and eliminates need for external emulator
- LaunchPad interfaces with any MSP430 Value Line MCU, existing eZ430 target boards and MSP430 devices with Spy Bi-Wire capabilities
- Free compilers and debuggers available for download including Code Composer Studio(tm) IDE and IAR Embedded Workbench, providing a complete software development environment
- 32 kHz crystal increases MSP430 MCUs' integrated digitally controlled oscillator to real-time accuracy for various peripherals and timers
- Two MSP430 Value Line devices included; one pre-programmed with demo firmware to demonstrate the use of on-chip peripherals, including 10-bit ADC, comparators and internal temperature sensor
- Open-source design allows developers to create their own hardware based on LaunchPad
- MSP430 MCU LaunchPad Wiki provides multiple production-ready open source projects to allow easy evaluation, design and community collaboration
Trinamic's stepper motor package gets you started
August 29, 2014
This month, Trinamic Motion Control is offering you to win one of four TMCM-1043 development kits for its highly integrated, ...
Winged parcel delivery: Google's way
Two-inch Super AMOLED display fits Samsung smartwatch plans
Dutch startup shrinks 60GHz radars, increases precision
Google glass: App measures facial expression
Forget iPhone: 4 megatrends in China’s smartphone market
August 28, 2014
Touch Taiwan, an international touch-panel and optical film exhibition that opened here Wednesday, is exposing some of Asia’s ...
Foldable AMOLED features interactive touch control
Lantronix to fill digital classrooms' printing gap with PAL programme
Circular P-OLED display gives wearable device classic style
- Power Modules: The New Super Power
- Digital Power Management Reduces Energy Costs While Improving System Performance
- Using RF Recording Techniques to Resolve Interference Problems
- How to Protect & Monetize Android Apps
InterviewCEO interview: Tronics' Langlois makes moves in MEMS
Pascal Langlois has been CEO at Tronics for nine months. He discusses plans for the company and directions for the complex and diverse MEMS technology sector.
Filter WizardCheck out the Filter Wizard Series of articles by Filter Guru Kendall Castor-Perry which provide invaluable practical Analog Design guidelines.
Linear video channel
READER OFFERRead more
This month, Trinamic Motion Control is offering you to win one of four TMCM-1043 development kits for its highly integrated, NEMA 17-compatible TMCM-1043 stepDancer stepper motor module.
Offering designers an easy-to-use PC-based GUI that allows one-click modification of motor drive current, micro-stepping and other key parameters, the intuitive kits are custom designed and developed for...Read more
December 15, 2011 | Texas instruments | 222901974
Unique Ser/Des technology supports encrypted video and audio content with full duplex bi-directional control channel over a single wire interface.