TI offers low-cost development kit for MSP430 Value Line MCUs
June 23, 2010 // Paul Buckley
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) has released its new MSP430 MCU Value Line LaunchPad development kit which claims to be the industry's lowest cost microcontroller (MCU) kit to enable prototyping, debugging and programming for new and experienced developers of sensing, consumer electronics and other cost sensitive applications
LaunchPad is compatible across the MSP430 MCU Value Line allowing developers to adapt to evolving design requirements in fast moving markets. MSP430 LaunchPad and Value Line MCUs provide a complete development environment to enable applications including 3D glasses, gaming controls, touch sensing, smoke/fire detectors, wireless networking and more. Additionally, since all MSP430 MCUs are code compatible, solutions developed using LaunchPad can be seamlessly migrated to any other MSP430 MCU for added scalability.
Key features and benefits of MSP430 LaunchPad Development Kit
- DIP target socket, supporting up to 20-pin devices, enables rapid prototyping with MSP430 Value Line MCUs; developers can quickly drop in MCUs to evaluate, program or debug devices
- Programmed MCUs can be easily removed and placed into custom PCBs and breadboards
- Developers can use pushbuttons, LEDs and breakout pins for external components, allowing LaunchPad to function as a standalone system
- Integrated, USB-powered emulator permits flash programming, firmware debugging and serial communication and eliminates need for external emulator
- LaunchPad interfaces with any MSP430 Value Line MCU, existing eZ430 target boards and MSP430 devices with Spy Bi-Wire capabilities
- Free compilers and debuggers available for download including Code Composer Studio(tm) IDE and IAR Embedded Workbench, providing a complete software development environment
- 32 kHz crystal increases MSP430 MCUs' integrated digitally controlled oscillator to real-time accuracy for various peripherals and timers
- Two MSP430 Value Line devices included; one pre-programmed with demo firmware to demonstrate the use of on-chip peripherals, including 10-bit ADC, comparators and internal temperature sensor
- Open-source design allows developers to create their own hardware based on LaunchPad
- MSP430 MCU LaunchPad Wiki provides multiple production-ready open source projects to allow easy evaluation, design and community collaboration
Dark clouds over lighting business: Osram announces massive job cuts
July 30, 2014
Amidst the decline of conventional illuminants like incandescent bulbs and fluorescent tubes, lighting manufacturer Osram ...
Trillion Sensor Summit program set for Munich
IoT: sensor fusion or confusion?
Next-gen HiFi competition takes place in the car
Rohde & Schwarz acquires IT security company
Pure lithium anode promises more efficient rechargeable batteries
July 29, 2014
Researchers at Stanford University claim to have designed a pure lithium anode that could lead to the prospect of smaller, ...
Is a room temperature superconductor possible?
High-temperature superconductivity discovery paves way for energy superhighways
BMW invoke fast battery chargers to spark EV sales
- Testing GPS with a Simulator
- DSM presents: Select the best plastic for DDR4
- Dual 13A μModule Regulator with Digital Interface for Remote Monitoring & Control of Power
- Exploring the Business Model Evolution of High-Tech Equipment Manufacturers
InterviewCEO interview: China, not Apple, is way to go, says mCube CEO
Ben Lee, CEO of MEMS startup mCube, explains why he wants to spend $37 million on being a supplier of sensors to Chinese ODMs and avoiding a design win with Apple or Samsung.
Filter WizardCheck out the Filter Wizard Series of articles by Filter Guru Kendall Castor-Perry which provide invaluable practical Analog Design guidelines.
Linear video channel
READER OFFERRead more
This month, Altium Ltd is offering EETimes Europe's readers the chance to win one TASKING VX-Toolset for ARM Cortex-M Premium Edition, normally licensed for 2.395 Euros, for ultra-rapid prototyping and code development around ARM Cortex-M based microcontrollers.
The VX-toolset for ARM is the first TASKING compiler suite to receive the Software Platform technology, which is seamlessly...Read more
December 15, 2011 | Texas instruments | 222901974
Unique Ser/Des technology supports encrypted video and audio content with full duplex bi-directional control channel over a single wire interface.