With more design flexibility and configurability than other DC-to-DC regulators available today, the ADP2323 regulator can be easily configured to synchronize in an evenly phase-shifted topology or for dual-output (2 x 3 A) or single interleaved output (up to 6 A). The ADP2323 provides accurate tracking capability between supplies and includes precision-enable input, voltage tracking input and POWER-GOOD features that allow a simple and reliable start-up sequence.
- Dual output (2 x 3 A) and single interleaved output (6 A)
- Optional power saving mode improves efficiency at light loads
- Synchronization input and programmable phase shift feature allow up to six output rails configuration in evenly phase-shifted topology minimizing input ripple current
- Precision-enable input, voltage tracking input and POWER-GOOD feature enables a simple and reliable start-up sequence and short circuit protection
- Programmable current limit protects system load closer to its actual power requirement and allows the use of a smaller inductor
The ADP2323’s switching frequency can be programmed between 250 kHz to 1.2 MHz or synchronized to an external clock to minimize interference in multi-rail applications.
Both output channels run 180 degrees out of phase and can be synchronized to eliminate beat frequencies between regulators to minimize system noise. The regulator operates from input voltages of 4.5 V to 20 V and the output voltage can be as low as 0.6 V.
The two PWM channels can be configured to deliver dual 3 A outputs or a parallel-to-single 6 A output. Designed for high efficiency for multi-rail applications, the ADP2323 operates over the −40 to +125 °C junction temperature range and is available in a compact 5 mm x 5 mm QFN-32 lead package.
The ADP2323 dual synchronous regulator packaged in a 5 mm x 5 mm 32 lead LFCSP is available now priced at $2.40 per 1k units.
More information about the ADP2323 dual synchronous regulator at www.analog.com/ADP2323.