Operating directly from the rectified mains, the HVLED001 integrates both high- and low-voltage circuitry on the same chip, eliminating the cost of external high-voltage circuitry. The high power factor (>0.9), low Total Harmonic Distortion (<10%), and high power-conversion efficiency (>90%) ensure compliance with the most stringent lighting standards in an efficient, compact, and cost-effective solution to drive LEDs in the power range from 20W up to 150W.
Using ST’s high-voltage technology, the HVLED001 enables equipment manufacturers to design high-end, professional lighting applications for commercial areas, retail shops, offices, and outdoor spaces that offer best-in-class performance with minimum bill of materials and assembly costs.
Features of the HVLED001 include:
- Embedded 800V high-voltage start-up, ensuring LED start-up in less than 0.5 sec, along with reduced BOM and increased robustness;
- Constant output-voltage primary-side control with ±2% accuracy ensuring a stable light production across multiple LED-light sources;
- Embedded multiplier and THD (total harmonic distortion) optimiser that provides fast response to line-voltage variations;
- Adjustable frequency foldback for improved efficiency and regulation under low load-dimming conditions;
- Comprehensive smart protections including input overvoltage, overcurrent, brownout and opto-coupler failure, all latch-free thanks to a smart auto-restart timer.
Housed in a compact SO10 package, the HVLED001 costs $0.50 (1000).