TwisterSIM is a free software suite that includes a Smart Interactive Selector and a Dynamic Electro-Thermal Simulator for Automotive Low/High-side driver/switches and H-bridges for motor control built using ST’s VIPower technology. The tool allows complex evaluations with accurate dynamic simulations of load-compatibility, wiring-harness optimisation, fault condition impact analysis, diagnostic behaviour analysis and dynamic thermal performance in just a few clicks.
TwisterSIM considerably reduces the cost and time needed to select and validate a product for a specific application layout by performing a thermal-electrical dynamic simulation.
· Built-in library of accurate VIPower-product models based on a proprietary methodology and validation that allows a realistic reproduction of “in application” behaviour;
· Step-by-step guided selection of the optimal device for a specific application;
· Built-in load library for automotive lamps and generic loads;
· Simulation results, including junction thermal profiles, load current, and diagnostic behaviour, are shown on dedicated scope views and can be exported in multiple commonly-used formats;
· User selectable wide range of environmental conditions and real device parameters;
· Direct links to the product web page to view related datasheet and product collaterals;
· On-line forum is available at www.st.com/twistersim-forum to help users.
A demonstration version tool, which contains details of the procedure to request a release code for full functionality, is free of charge and can be downloaded from;